How to maximise your fundraising
- >Join our Challenge Facebook group and keep us in the loop. We love to hear from you and we know how inspirational your stories are to others, so send us updates on your progress.
- Tell your story. People will care more and give more if they know why you care. Fundraisers who tell the story of why they are involved tend to raise on average 74% more than those who don’t.
- Put a face to your name. Fundraisers uploading a profile photo raise far more than those who don’t.
- Share early and everywhere! People who share their page within an hour of creating it generally raise 52% more. Share your page via social media and any other available channels (local newspapers, radio phone-ins, personal blogs) as early and as often as you can.
- Update your fanbase. Automatically sync your fitness tracker (Strava or Fitbit) to your sponsorship page. People who actively share their progress raise on average 40% more than those who don’t.
- Give to yourself! By donating to your own page, you show your own commitment. People whose own names appear prominently in their list of donors tend to raise over 120% more on average.
- Increase your target if you can. People tend to donate less than they might if they see you are very close to your goal, so don't hesitate to raise your target amount if you think you can.
- It ain't over till it's over. 20% of donations come in after a challenge is over. So even if you've completed your challenge, reach out one last time to your sponsors, especially if you have some news or a funny story to share.
- Say thank you to your donors. And please thank them on behalf of Framework as well.
- Tag us on social. Using the tag h2hchallenge21 we’ll also be sharing your stories on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds, as well as listing a running total of kms covered and monies raised.
What is Framework?
Framework is a charity delivering housing, health, employment, support and care services to people with a diverse range of needs across the East Midlands and South Yorkshire – in Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Sheffield. Regardless of their past, or the challenges they face, we empower people to achieve stability, independence and social inclusion because we believe that everyone has the right and potential to achieve a better future.
What is Homeless to Home: The Challenge 2021?
Homeless to Home: The Challenge 2021 is a sponsored fundraising event you can complete anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace between 1 and 30 November 2021. You can choose to walk, run, roll, skate, cycle or swim any distance according to your ability and inclination.
When is the Challenge taking place?
You can take the Challenge anytime between 1 and 30 November 2021.
How will the Challenge work?
You decide how and when you complete the challenge. Follow the simple steps to sign up, choose a distance that suits your ability and then walk, run, roll, swim or cycle the distance – whatever works for you. Set up your Just Giving fundraising page and ask your family and friends for sponsorship. Every penny you raise will go towards our work that’s helping to end homelessness by tackling the root causes of rough sleeping. You go the distance and we go the extra mile for homeless and vulnerable people!
How do I enter the Challenge?
It’s simple. You choose your challenge, set up your fundraising page and start fundraising. Wherever and however you take the challenge is up to you, as long as you complete your challenge between 1 and 30 November. We’ll be with you (virtually) every step of the way!
Are there any registration or participation fees?
Signing up to the Challenge is free! It's a challenge though, so we do encourage you to raise funds for Framework through sponsorship, to power our work supporting homeless and vulnerable people across Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire.
Is there an age limit for the Challenge?
There’s no age limit and we welcome people of all ages. However, you need to be over 18 years old to register. If you’re under 18, please ask a parent or guardian to sign up on your behalf.
What happens after I sign up and what support will I receive from Framework?
After you sign up, we’ll be in touch by email with inspiration, motivation and fundraising ideas. You can access information and advice from other participants on our Facebook group.new link needed? You can contact us at email@example.com or by calling 0115 970 9558 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
What is JustGiving and how do I use it?
JustGiving is an online fundraising platform that you can use to collect your donations. Your fundraising page will be set up automatically when you sign up for Homeless to Home: The Challenge 2021. To access your page, go to the JustGiving website and enter the log in details you supplied when you signed up. If you signed up online, your confirmation email will also have a link to your page. Share your page with friends and family to encourage them to donate to your challenge.
How do I get help with my JustGiving fundraising page?
If you need help using your fundraising page, donating, or anything else JustGiving related, their dedicated support team can help you out. You can message JustGiving through their contact form if you need any help or can’t find what you’re looking for. Alternatively, check out the JustGiving FAQ page. You can also contact Framework’s fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0115 970 9558 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Can I track mileage on my JustGiving page using a fitness tracker?
Yes, you can track your distance and link it to your JustGiving page via the Strava app. This will ensure your mileage is automatically recorded and added to your page. If you are unable to link to this app (or forget to track your activity) you can manually add the mileage to your page later.
What is Strava and how do I use it?
Strava is a fitness app which tracks and records your distance. JustGiving is partnered with Strava which means you can link your fundraising page to Strava and your page will be updated every time you complete a distance. That way, your donors can see how you’re getting on. Fundraisers who use this feature raise an average 46% more! To link your page to Strava, make sure you're logged into your JustGiving account, then go to your fundraising page. You'll see a button in the bottom left of your screen with the option to 'edit page'. Once in the 'edit page' pop out window, click on 'fitness' and you'll see a button to connect to Strava.
What happens if I only use the fitness app to track some of my activities and forget to use it for some?
If it’s linked to your fundraising page, we’ll know about any of the miles you complete using your fitness app. You just need to let us know about the rest of them by manually updating your fundraising page. Just remember: don’t manually log any miles that you’ve used a fitness app to track, as we’ll already have those logged.
What if I don't want to use a tracking app? How can I track the miles I've completed?
If you don’t want to use a fitness app, you can still easily keep track of your miles through your fundraising page. You can do this by manually updating your JustGiving fundraising page.
Can I meet other people taking part?
Yes, virtually! Once you've signed up please join our Facebook Group at www.facebook.com/groups/homelesstohomechallenge/ to chat with other people taking part in the Challenge.
How do I fundraise?
It’s simple! As soon as you sign up to your challenge your JustGiving fundraising page will be created for you. All income is transferred directly to Framework. You’ll be able to share your progress on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter too. And we’ll provide fundraising tips and support throughout your journey.
Is there a minimum fundraising amount?
Yes, there is a minimum target of £150. However, we encourage you set your own fundraising target and maximise your fundraising total by asking your friends and family for sponsorship. Raise your first £50 and we will send you a free Homeless to Home Challenge T-shirt.
How do I get a Homeless to Home Challenge t-shirt?
Take the challenge and raise a minimum of £50 and we’ll send your T-shirt. We aim to deliver the T-shirt to you within two weeks.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid enables charities to claim 25p on every £1 donation you make, at no extra cost to you or your supporters. For UK taxpayers JustGiving allows your supporters to automatically Gift Aid their donation. Please note, we can only claim Gift Aid on personal donations.
How do I pay in my money?
Ask people to donate directly to your fundraising page. That way, the money will come to us automatically. If you’ve collected cash then you can pay in the money to your fundraising page using a credit or debit card.
Is there a deadline for paying in donations?
Please send your donations as soon as possible. The deadline for fundraising is 31 December 2021. However, donations may be received after that date.